Re: Further questions about PostgreSQL

От Henry B. Hotz
Тема Re: Further questions about PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
At 3:27 PM -0700 6/5/99, Sergey N. Ivanov wrote:
>    First I'm going to ask a question: my pgaccess failed with message:
>/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_crypt" in
>wish8.0:/usr/pkg/pgsql/lib/libpq.so.2.0

This is probably a missing -lcrypt somewhere in some makefile.  Perhaps a
problem using the "export" version of NetBSD, but don't know.

>    I have spent a lot of time to understand and fix inaccuracy in
>Postgres
>installation, due to which I could not start Postgres. It was in
>'PGLIB=/usr/pkg/pgsql/lib; PGDATA=/usr/pkg/pgsql/data; export PGLIB PGDATA'
>statements in .profile for pgsql user. After such assignments and export
>initdb

Good point.  Not sure if the NetBSD ports stuff has a place for corrections
like this.

>    Now I can assert results of regression tests, published by Henry B.
> Hotz. As he wrote, the most serious problem is more than 200 day
>difference in
> time between 'now' and 'current'. Is there any news about this outstanding
> regression in dates?

No new information here.  The guy who wrote the time code is Thomas
Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu>.

I think these questions would be better posted to one of the Postgres
mailing lists, probably ports since these are NetBSD/m68k specific.